A Month of Meaningful Photography - Day 2

For the month of March we're practicing photography and taking a month of meaningful photos. For our introduction, click here.
Creative Momma C's SOOC shot
SOOC=straight out of the camera
Taken at 1:45pm outside, in the shade, on a mostly sunny day.
Camera: Canon Rebel T1i
Lens: Tamron 18-270mm
Light meter: +1.0 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/50 F-stop: 5.6
Edit in PS Elements 6
I bumped up the contrast, warmed the colors and brightened it.
This is my funny beautiful 3 year old. She doesn't like to be told that she's funny, but she does appreciate being called beautiful. This is meaningful, not only for obvious reasons, being that she's my wonderful squishable daughter, but also because each child is different and with that comes different blessings and different challenges. For instance, with this particular child, she has this deep voice and a funny way of speaking that makes you want to imitate everything she says. Though it may be cute, it has been a challenge when it comes to communication, not just for us, but for her teachers and other kids she plays with. So after a parent teacher conference we decided that we needed to work with her on speech. It has been so fulfilling to watch her work hard and succeed and find worth in what she's working for. It has been challenging, especially for her, but what she has accomplished is such a blessing.
Love you, my beauty!

Creative Momma D's SOOC shot
SOOC=straight out of the camera



Taken at 12:29pm near a kitchen window on a somewhat sunny day
Camera: Cannon Rebel XS
White Balance: Cloudy setting ISO:400 Shutter Speed: 1/13 F-stop:6.3 Flash: None
It may seem strange that I took a picture of my crock pot as a "meaningful" photo, but I do think this is a very important part of my work as a mother and wife. Who doesn't love a home cooked meal? Being that I don't really enjoy the cooking process, this is a challenge for me at times to make a menu and actually cook for my family.



Edit 1
I have yet to get a better Photoshop program because it's so expensive, so right now I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. All I did to edit this photo was to use the auto edit button. It color corrected to make the crock pot look white, but I think I like the SOOC photo best anyway. I like warmer colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...